Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chicks at 2 Weeks

They're getting their feathers and wings now.  Two of them have very defined tail feathers already and we're assuming those will be our roosters.  They're spending their first day outside on the grass and getting some sunshine (which they do their best to avoid).   Notice the longer tail on the bird in front as compared to the other two.

If 2 out of the 6 turn out to be boys, then we've beat the odds and we'll be happy.  We'll try and sell them once we're certain of their sex and they're old enough to go.   We have one rooster and that's enough.

I have them in a secure box right outside my office window so I can be on the lookout for the neighborhood cats.  Pip (my 7 month old Border Collie) was fascinated watching them.





"Don't bother me now, mom, I gotta watch in case they need herded."

No comments:

Post a Comment