Thursday, February 11, 2010

Leftovers

While prepping the fleece for the carder, a lot of smaller pieces must be discarded.  Hating to waste any part of the fiber, I wanted to find some way to use the leftovers.  Spring will hopefully be coming soon and the birds are always picking up things to make their nests.  When Chet grew cotton in Arizona, I'd find that the birds would pick at the cotton and take away to the trees to make their spring nests.   Alpaca fleece would work well too. 


In the back are 6" balls made from cut grapevines.  In the front are empty suet containers.  I'm getting an Etsy shop set up and will be selling them there:  http://www.fleecefurandfeathers.etsy.com/.  I hope the birds here will like them and I find some designer birds nests this summer. 

We're on our way to getting 7 inches of snow today.  It's heavy wet snow that I haven't seen since I lived back east 10 years ago.

Everyone says that we should have had some 70-80 degree days here by now.  I guess El Nino is in full force this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment